I literally just made this last night, for a goodbye dinner with some friends. And I only had to take
twelve one bite before I thought, “I must share this…immediately.” And it seemed liked everyone else at dinner agreed with me, that it really was as good as my head thought it was. So just in case any of you are scratching your heads, asking yourself “what should I bring to my BBQ today?” never fear. Bring this. And then wait for everyone to ask for the recipe.
CREAMY AVOCADO PASTA
- 12 oz of pasta, cooked according to directions and cooled
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 C of fresh or frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 C of red onion
- 1/2 C of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 2 small avocados
- 3 Tbsp plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2-3/4 C low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 1 lime, juices
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. To make the dressing , combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. I added additional splashes of buttermilk until I got the consistency for the dressing that I wanted.
2. In a large bowl combine the pasta and all of the prepared vegetables. Toss with 1/2-1/3 of the prepared dressing, until all of the pasta is evenly covered. Season with the salt and pepper. You can add additional dressing as desired.
3. Store the leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for about a week. You can add additional buttermilk if it gets too thick. It would be a great addition to fish tacos or taco salad.
WW Points: 6
The original recipe said that this served 6. Those would be HUGE servings. I made the assumption that this is more of a side dish and based the WW points calculation on a yield of 12.