1. I am thankful for my mother. She has been out here for 2 weeks while Jenn made the transition back to work (which was hard, very!). My mom has woken up day after day and fed, changed, bathed and loved on Reese. She has made dinner, cleaned the house, done laundry, and walked Dodger (not an easy thing, let me tell you). And she has done all of these things, everyday, with joy. In the midst of all of it, she has been there for me, talking about the wedding, sharing ideas, and shopping online for dresses and goodies. She’s amazing. Reese is so blessed to have her for a nana and I am so blessed to have her for a momma.
2. Interestingly, I am thankful for Kelvin’s job, and that it requires him to travel. This month we got to spend a weekend in Texas. I got to check out where he works, see Dallas and Fort Worth, and sample a couple of great restaurants and BBQ places in and around Dallas. We did all of these things with hotel points, car rental points and air miles! Do I miss Kelvin when he is gone? Yes, of course. But there are also perks to his traveling that allow us the opportunity to travel and explore like other couples may not get to.
3. I am thankful for my health this month, and more specifically, my legs and their ability to run. I did something stupid, I think, and signed up for a half marathon in May! It was the motivation I needed to be more consistent about running and working out, and as long as my body keeps doing what it is doing, I will let you know how it goes!
4. I am extremely grateful for my job. As I sit back and do my taxes and see what I have been able to earn these last few months, I feel so blessed to have been given a job that allows me to provide for myself, bless others, and spend money on the upcoming wedding. It was only a few short months ago that I had no idea where I was going or what I would be doing, and here I am, learning and growing at a job that provides for me perfectly.
5. The upcoming wedding is stressful and time consuming, yes, but it is also a ton of fun. It has been such a joy to browse pinterest and blogs, imagining the way our day may go. Getting emails from my mom and bridesmaids about dresses and ideas always brings a smile to my face. It is such a fun thing to look forward to; I don’t know what I am going to spend so much time thinking about when it is over!